Master of Horticulture and Fellow of the Institute of Horticulture - I'm sure I can keep you and your Members Spellbound!
I lecture and give talks to anyone who wants them! Garden Clubs, Horticultural Societies and Specialist Groups are my main 'customers', but WI, Townswomen's Guilds, The Rotary Club, The Lions, The English Speaking Union, Housing Associations, various Community Groups and Clubs have all asked me at various times to give them the benefit of my knowledge and experience.
So ask away! I've included my current list and terms below, but if there's a subject you would particularly like (and you think I have a chance of doing it justice), please let me know.
My Current Lecture & Talk List - 2018
DAVID TOYNE M.Hort(RHS), F.C.I.Hort
Royal Horticultural Society 'Master of Horticulture' - Fellow of the Institute of Horticulture - Horticultural and Garden Consultant & Lecturer
'Garden Advice, Management & Research'
Lecture & Demonstration Topics:
1. "Bulbs Flower All Year Round" - Describing Bulbs, Corms and Rhizomes (with the occasional Tuber) that together provide flowers 12 months of the year - Talk with slides
2. "Your Garden Soil" - Where soil comes from, what it is made of, how it behaves, soil structure, texture and pH and their effects - Talk and demonstration with slides
3. "A Different Approach to Garden Pests & Diseases" - Understanding problem garden organisms (arthropods, vertebrates, molluscs, fungi, viruses and weeds) gives new insight into getting the upper hand - Talk with slides
4. "Organic versus 'Inorganic' Gardening"- The pros and cons of 'the natural way' and using 'Chemicals' to achieve success in the garden - Talk with slides
5. "Multi-Season Shrubs and Trees" - Garden shrubs and trees with multiple virtues, which provide extended interesting and beautiful features over many weeks, months or seasons. - Talk with slides
6. "Alpine Gardening in Britain" - The principles of growing montane and similar habitat plants in UK lowland climate conditions. With plant examples and techniques. - Talk with slides
7. "Garden Trees and Their Care & Cultivation" - Trees with desirable characteristics for growing in modern gardens, large and small - Talk with slides
8. "Wales in Bloom" - Experiences and Lessons learned from 16 years Judging floral displays in Wales' Villages, Towns, Cities, Parks, Pubs, Care Homes, Sheltered Accommodation, Allotments, Hospitals, Caravan Parks and Nature Reserves. - Talk with slides.
9. "Vegetable Growing for Small Gardens" - Methods and Vegetable Varieties best suited to growing in restricted areas. Talk with slides.
10. "Your Lawn and How to Look After It" - The best way to make a lawn and keep it looking good. Moss, weeds, pests, diseases and old-wives-tales banished for ever! - Talk with slides.
11. "A Gardener's Journey Round New Zealand" - A travelogue and encounters with New Zealand native and non-native flora. - Talk with slides
12. "A Gardener's Journey Round Eastern & Central Australia" - A travelogue and encounters with native and non-native flora in Victoria, New South Wales, Queensland and Northern Territory of Australia. - Talk with slides
13. "A Gardener's Journey Round Tasmania" - A travelogue and encounters with native and non-native flora in Tasmania. - Talk with slides
Current Charges: £65 for the lecture plus 20p per mile to cover petrol costs.
Any Distance Travelled - Over 75 miles one way, Terms by Negotiation
David Toyne M.Hort(RHS), F.C.I.Hort.
DAVID TOYNE ASSOCIATES
"Garden Advice, Management & Research"
Tel: 01824 707470 Mobile: 0777 078 0825 Email: email@example.com
Talks Booked this Year - 2018/19
March 21st, Monday - Eryrys - (Subject to be advised)
October 11th, Thursday - Newtown - 'Your Garden Soil'
Abergele - awaiting response